Step-by-step guide of Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup
If you want to make your work a lot smarter, there are no two ways about it. You have to get your hands on Ricoh MP C4503 which provides you fast and efficient work, giving you 45 pages per minute for vibrant colours. So you need to set this masterpiece up. That’s what we will talk about, Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup.
Let’s talk about the Ricoh MP C4503 Wireless setup for both Windows and Mac-
Wireless setup using windows
- The foremost step before going wireless is to make sure that the hardware is installed carefully.
- Before you start with the Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup, make sure the wireless network you are going to use for setup is working properly.
- Insert the software CD. Click Install – Agree – suggested – wireless network attached.
- Remove the covering of the label and USB port on the back of the printer. You may connect a USB cable between the computer on the wireless network and the printer.
- After the printer is configured, the software will tell you to disconnect the temporary USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. “Basic” is recommended. “Advanced” is used to customise your installation.
- You can connect other computers on the wireless network in a similar manner. Thus, using windows Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup was quite easy.
Wireless setup using Mac-
- The configuration of the printer
Locate the printer MAC address on the sheet which came with the printer. Write the six-figure number in the space provided. Connect the power cable to the printer, then to a properly grounded electrical outlet and then switch on the printer.
- Entering the printer information
Access the Airport options– In MAC OS X version 10.5, choose system preferences, from the Apple menu. Then click on ‘network’, and click on ‘airport’. In MAC OS X version 10.4 and earlier, go to applications, double-click on the internet connection and from the toolbar, click airport.
- From the network, popup menu selects printer server xxxxxx where “xxxxxx” is the MAC address.
- Open the Safari browser and from the bookmark drop-down menu, select ‘Show’.
- Under Collections, select Bonjour or Rendevous, and then double-click the printer name.
- Go to the main page of the Embedded Web Server and visit the page where the wireless settings information is stored.
Configure the printer for wireless access
- Type the name of your network (SSID) in the given field.
- If you are using a wireless router, select Infrastructure as your network mode.
- Choose the security to protect your wireless network.
- Enter the security information required for the printer to join your wireless network.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- Open the AirPort application on your computer.
In Mac OS X version 10
Choose System Preferences, click ‘Network’ and then click AirPort, from the Apple menu.
In Mac OS X version 10.4 and earlier
Choose ‘Applications’ from the ‘Go’ menu. From the Applications folder, double-click Internet Connect. From the toolbar, click AirPort. Select your wireless network from the network pop-up menu.
Configure your printer to use the wireless printer
Install a PPD file on the computer:
- In the CD or DVD drive, insert the software and documentation CD.
- Double-click the installer package for the printer.
- From the Welcome screen, click Continue.
- After reading the Readme file, click on ‘Continue again’
- You can continue after viewing the license agreement and then click on Agree’ to accept the terms of the agreement.
- Select a Destination, and then click Continue.
- From the Easy Install screen, click Install.
- Type the user password, and then click OK. All is installed on the computer.
- Click Close when installation is complete.
Add the printer
- For IP printing: In Mac OS X version 10.5 1 choose ‘System Preferences’ from the Apple menu. Click ‘Print and Fax’. Select the printer from the list and close when the installation is complete. From the Go menu, choose Applications and double-click the Printer Setup Utility or Print Center. From the printer list, select the printer and click ‘Add’.
- For AppleTalk printing: In Mac OS X version 10.5 1, choose ‘System Preferences’ from Apple menu. Click on Print and Fax and select AppleTalk. Select the printer from the list and click on ‘Add’.
In Mac OS X version 10.4 1: Choose Applications, from the ‘Go’ menu. Double-click the utility folder. Double-click Print Center or Printer Setup Utility. From the Printer List, choose Add. Choose the Default Browser tab. Click More Printers. From the first pop-up menu, choose AppleTalk.
This is how you will complete your Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup using Mac.
The different problems and consequent solutions should help you to overcome your concern of Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup. In case, if your Ricoh MP C4503 wireless setup is not successful, get in touch with Ricoh Printer Support Number and for any other queries contact Ricoh Tech Support at 1-844-898-5888. Read our McAfee Support series to solve similar issues.