Solution to Quickbooks has stopped working issues
The common concern that people are trying to overcome is that QuickBooks has stopped working. They are facing a fallacy when they try to open the QuickBooks. When you try to open QuickBooks there could be two possibilities that you see an error (QuickBooks have stopped working), or nothing (screen is frozen).
QuickBooks is a software solution which manages payroll, inventory, sales, and other requirements of a small-scale business. The software component includes marketing tools, merchant services, product and supplies, and the solutions for training.
There could be an error message in the display. It could be one of the following reasons:
- The Hard Disk might have got corrupted.
- Your program file has got damaged.
- The window operating system is damaged.
- The file QBWUSER.INI has been damaged or missing.
Your company name might be too long.
We have various solutions to fix the issue of QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding. Here is a quick guide on common QuickBooks has stopped working issues. Make sure your desktop has an active internet connection.
Solutions to Quickbooks has stopped working issues
Solution 1: Reboot your computer.
- The initial step is to reboot or restart the computer
- Try reopening it again and look for the issue whether it is still pertaining or has gone.
Solution 2: Update your PC
- There could be a possibility that you might be using an outdated version of your windows. Updating windows could help in solving the issue.
- Restart your PC after the update.
Solution 3: Use the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- Download QuickBooks install Diagnostic link through the mentioned link http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe
- Save the file to the desktop.
- Close any open program and run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- You can restart the program and check if it is properly updated.
Solution 4: Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
- If you rename the QBWUSER.INI file, there are chances that you need to manually re-open your company file.
- Open the folder where QBWUSER.INI file is saved.
- Rename the QBWUSER.INI file.
Solution 5: Re-install using Clean Install
Refer to ‘Re-install using Clean Install’ for complete instructions.
Solution 6: Create a new windows user
Refer to ‘Create a new user account in Windows’ for complete instructions
If you are still looking to fix QuickBooks has stopped working issue, feel free to connect with our QuickBooks Support Experts on our QuickBooks Support Number in case you need any assistance at +18448985888.