2 Easy Methods to Overcome Imap AOL com is not Responding Iphone
Are you frequently coming across Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone?
Every time you refresh your emails from the Mail app in iOS you may get an error message such as, ‘Cannot Get Mail. It signifies that the mail server imap.gmail.com is not responding or imap.gmail.com is not working.
This can be really annoying and the possibility can be that issue is occurring with the email settings or it is due to a minor technical glitch with the email server. It can also be due to a poor connection which is there in your iOS device.
If the error is occurring frequently, then you can troubleshoot the error and protect the device.
Before, getting into any solutions make sure that you have entered the correct account info in the ‘Mail settings option’. You can also see the option of settings when you are refreshing your AOL Email from the Mail app in the iOS device.
There could be many reasons behind Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone. Let us understand the cause behind these errors-
- One day you might experience that while refreshing your app you are facing an error ‘Cannot Get Mail’. It is due to a setback in the internet connection or email server.
- In the few cases, the problem can be related to your email setting and you might require some in-depth troubleshooting.
Most emails have an account setting menu where you need to update the IMAP or POP3 settings. Use your full email address and enable SSL Encryption for incoming and outgoing mail. Use the below account settings information-
- POP3- Incoming Mail Server: pop.aol.com
- POP3-Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- IMAP-Incoming Mail Server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- IMAP- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
Below are the other possible fixes to resolve Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone-
- Try refreshing the inbox again: In most of the cases, the set back can be due to poor internet connection or bad connection to the server. You can pull down your inbox to refresh your content.
- Turn on and off Airplane Mode: Sometimes, disabling your wireless transmission functions such as cellular voice and data can resolve your problem. Hence, turn Airplane Mode on and off.
- Quit the Mail App: Sometimes, there could be an issue in the Mail app itself. It is best to re-launch the Mail app and refresh your email inbox.
- Check your Internet connection: Do you have a strong internet connection? If your signal is too weak then you might come across error messages while trying to refresh your email inbox. Try getting closer to the secured connection and check afterward.
In case you are unable to resolve your concerns by following simple troubleshooting steps, you may go through the other methods to rectify Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone.
Traced below are few methods to overcome Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone-
Method 1: Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone- Unlock Google Captcha
You can follow the steps below to effortlessly resolve the issue.
- On your device, visit
- Change the domain name with the genuine domain name of the Google Apps and enter the ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for Gmail Account.
- Enter the ‘Captcha Phrase’ as appearing in the image on the web page of your computer screen and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Click ‘Done’ to complete the process.
You should be able to resolve the issue with the help of the above steps. In case you are still facing trouble you can follow the steps below-
Method 2: Imap.AOL.com is not responding Iphone- Remove and Reinstall Email Account
There could be instances when incoming and outgoing server information might no longer be received by the email server. Try to remove the email account and reinstall it again. This auto-configures the correct settings and refreshes your email settings.
Undergo the steps below to overcome the concern-
- Open the ‘Settings’ app and click on Accounts and Passwords> Email Account> Delete Account.
- Once you have deleted the account, you need to reinstall by opening Settings> Accounts and Passwords> Add Account.
- You can choose from the list provided by email providers so that you can choose from the emails given. Log-in with the ‘Username and Password’ in your account.
Method 3: Configure an IMAP Connection on an iPhone
- On your phone go to Settings>Accounts and Passwords>Add Account. Tap ‘Other’ and click on ‘Add Mail Account’.
- Enter your name, full email address, password, and a description for your account. When you are finished with settings, tap ‘Next’ and click on ‘Done’ when your account set up is complete.
- If mail cannot find your settings you need to enter the details manually and then tap ‘Next’.
- Tap ‘Save’ to finish if your email settings are correct. Once your account has been established, the email will begin to sync automatically.
The above methods should resolve your concern regarding Imap.AOL.com is not responding iPhone, but in case if you are still looking for solutions contact AOL Customer Service and for any other concerns, get in touch with AOL Support Number at 18448985888. Read our AOL Email Support series to solve similar issues.