How to uninstall McAfee in Easy Steps
Are you looking for the steps on How to uninstall McAfee?
Although some desktops provide a free version of McAfee antivirus on your desktop to keep it safe from viruses and malware. But you can uninstall the McAfee, if you do not want to use it or if you are using another antivirus program to keep your PC safe. You can use the following steps to uninstall McAfee antivirus.
The below steps will walk you through on How to uninstall McAfee on Windows-
- Select ‘Start’ and on the bottom of your screen, click on Windows logo.
- Select the gear-shaped icon and open ‘Settings’.
- In the setting window, select ‘Apps’ and open the currently installed apps. In case, you do not see the list of currently installed apps make sure that you are on the right tab.
- Scroll down to ‘McAfee Total Protection’ heading from the menu and click on that.
- You will come across the option of uninstalling the McAfee. Click on ‘Uninstall’.
- When prompted, click on ‘Uninstall’. To confirm, click on ‘Yes’.
- Complete the uninstallation form by doing the following-
- Check the ‘McAfee Total Protection’ box and check ‘Remove all files in the program’ box.
- Click on the blue ‘Uninstall’ button and select ‘Uninstall’ again when prompted.
- Once McAfee has finished uninstalling, Restart your computer by clicking on ‘Restart Now’ and complete the uninstallation process. The McAfee will be removed from your computer. You can restart manually anytime later, but the uninstallation process would not be completed until you restart the device.
- There could be the possibility that Windows Defender may still be turned off. Although it will itself turn back on, you can still speed up the process by doing the following-
- Open ‘Start’ and type in ‘Windows Defender’.
- Select ‘Windows Defender Security Center’ and click on ‘Turn On’. Windows Defender is enabled if you see green checkmarks next to security icons on the dashboard.
If you are unable to uninstall Mcafee through Windows, the other method on How to uninstall Mcafee is through a Consumer Product Removal Tool. The tool may request a reboot by the end of the operation, ensure that work is saved before getting started.
Follow the steps below on How to uninstall Mcafee with the help of Consumer Product Removal Tool-
- Download the latest version of Consumer Product Removal Tool from McAfee’s website. Run the tool, since it does not require an install.
- Input the CAPTCHA Code and accept the license agreement. Then, click on ‘Next’.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to work and when completed, select ‘View Logs’ and get further information about the process.
How to uninstall Mcafee in Mac-
- Put the cursor on ‘Spotlight’. Click on the magnifying glass shaped icon to open the search bar.
- In the middle of the screen type ‘terminal’ in the search bar and open ‘Terminal’ window.
- Type in sudo/Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and press ‘Return’.
- If you see a password line, you can type your password and log into your Mac’s administrator account. Then, press ‘Return’.
- Usually, the uninstall should prompt McAfee to begin uninstalling automatically, you might have to confirm the uninstallation through a pop-up window.
- Once you receive the confirmation that McAfee has been uninstalled, you might want to restart your device for completion of the process. To restart your device, follow the steps below-
- Click on ‘Apple menu’ and select ‘Shut Down’.
- Click on ‘Shut Down’ when prompted.
The above solutions should help you to overcome the issue of How to uninstall McAfee. In case if the issue persists, get in touch with McAfee Support Number and for any further queries contact McAfee Support Phone Number at 1-844-898-5888. Read our McAfee Support series to solve similar issues.