3 Easy Steps to solve the issue of Hotmail not Working on Mac
Did you get an error like Hotmail not Working?
Or is your Hotmail account not responding?
It is really painful to know that despite typing the correct password the Hotmail not Working in Mac. If your Hotmail account has suddenly stopped working, it is difficult to fix the issue Hotmail not Working.
You must remember a few things before you proceed further-
- If you have Hotmail Account, shift it to Live Mail now. Also, if you use Hotmail Account then it should be in the settings on your Mac.
- The apple has upgraded to OS El Capitan.
- The Hotmail account which was previously available on Mac Mail as Pop Account is now as IMAP.
Outlined are the potential solutions to overcome Hotmail not Working-
Step 1: Hotmail not Working- It is all about IMAP and Pop Settings. You must have set up your account with the help of Mac Mail and this account is still working on its original settings which are PoP Settings.
So cutting the long story short, Hotmail accounts are now on IMAP and the right method is to delete the Hotmail account completely from Mac Mail losing all your emails.
Step 2: Hotmail not Working- Follow a couple of steps to can change from PoP to IMAP on Mac without losing all emails-
- Export all emails: Click on Mail>Mailbox>Export Mailbox, which allows you to export all emails in one go. Make sure that you select all the emails, mark as ‘Unread’ by following the steps as Message>Mark>As Unread and keep the folder in a ‘mbox’ file.
- Disconnect your Hotmail Account from iCloud: If you are unsure of what to do next, it is advised to disengage from all the iCloud Services by following Mail>Preferences>Accounts, where you will see the setup. It will also give you the choice of either keeping the data or deleting it.
- Add a new email account: You can add your Hotmail back by going to Mail>Add Account. You can choose your ‘Other Mail Account’ and set up your Hotmail account.
In case your screen gets frozen, try the below solutions to overcome Hotmail not responding-
- Try closing the Hotmail and start it in safer mode, to fix the Hotmail. In case your Hotmail still does not function properly follow the steps below.
- Is your Dialog Box open? : Some things in Dialog Box ask for confirmation. You need to choose an option on Dialog Box otherwise Hotmail won’t let you do anything else. Pressing Alt+Tab will help you switch from window to window. And also, you will be able to see which dialog boxes are stopping Hotmail to respond properly.
- There could also be chances that when you are trying to delete or move a large number of messages, Hotmail can appear to hang. You can check the status of Hotmail at the bottom of the screen. If Hotmail seems stuck, give Hotmail a few minutes to recover and it should start to work again.
- Hotmail works the best when it is up-to-date. Hence, download and install the recent updates automatically. It fixes bugs and enhances the performance.
- Repair your Office programs so that you are able to resolve any issues with Hotmail.
Now, there are chances that you might be using Hotmail in your iPhone and you are facing a lot of problems. In order to resolve the problems undergo the steps below to overcome Hotmail not Working.
- Go to the browser and open the Hotmail. Log-in to your account and go to Options.
- Click on POP and IMAP tab and enable the POP in case it is disabled.
- Configure the set of protocols and tick mark for incoming and outgoing mail option
- Change the incoming to TLS
Sometimes, the Hotmail has few issues with the web browser also since it does not function properly. The user might face Hotmail not Working in chrome. If a chrome user comes across such situation, the user needs to clear the cache, clear history, as well as cookies.
In case if you are using a Mac and are constantly facing Hotmail not Working follow the simple procedures given below-
- The foremost step is to check the cause behind why Hotmail not Working on Mac.
- In case if it is saying, unable to connect, then the issue is due to the server timeout. The user needs to wait for few minutes until the server issue is resolved.
- If the mail is connected to the account and still appear to be offline then the user needs to change the email settings by going to ‘Preferences’ from the email menu, click on ‘Accounts’ and select your account.
In case if you are still looking for the solutions to resolve Hotmail not Working get in touch with Hotmail Email Support and for further queries contact Hotmail Customer Service Number at 18448985888. Read our Hotmail Support series to solve similar issues.