4 Creative Ways to fix Driver is Unavailable HP Printer
HP Printers are one of the finest printers used by people. You can find all kind of printers catering to everyone’s needs. But, there are possibilities that you might come across issues regarding Driver is unavailable HP Printer.
Outlined are the few steps you can follow to overcome the issue of Driver is unavailable HP Printer :
- Power reset the printer. Make sure that your printer is plugged in directly to the wall outlet and you are required to avoid power bars and surge protectors. We do this to ensure that the printer is receiving full power. Given below are the steps to reset the printer.
- Turn on the printer, by pressing on the power button.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- From the wall outlet, unplug the power cord.
- Wait for 30 seconds before plugging the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power code to the rear of the product.
- Press the Power button to turn it on, if the product does not turn on by itself.
- Test your printer, whether it is working fine or not.
- Run the ‘Print and Scan Doctor’ and select ‘Fix Printing’. This tool will check for any conflicts that are there in the issue.
The tool will give a report in the end. You will notice in the results if you come across any problem.
In case, your issue of Driver is unavailable HP Printer is still not resolved, follow the steps below to overcome the issue. The major reason could be that you do not have full feature HP Driver for your desktop. In case if it is not there, install the built-in print driver.
Please make a note that HP Printer driver is installed through the Windows Update feature. There is no need to download anything in order to print, scan, or fax.
- Download driver software automatically: Make sure that your computer is set to automatically download the driver software. Click on the ‘Change device installation settings’ in Control Panel settings. Select the ‘Yes’ option and then click on ‘Save Changes’.
- Connect the printer to the computer: You are required to connect with a USB Cable through your local network so that your Windows can detect your printer during the driver installation.
- Install the print driver and add a Printer Wizard: Select the printer connection type and use ‘Add a Printer’ wizard to install the built-in driver.
- Print and Scan: You can now print and scan the document using the HP Printer. Try printing after you install the printer.
Apart from the above-listed steps, there can be other reasons why such error occurs such as-
- Compatibility Mode: This error could occur if the printer driver is incompatible or is incorrect. To resolve Driver is unavailable HP Printer, install the drivers in Compatibility mode. It is a software mechanism which allows older software to function along computer hardware or software. Change the compatibility mode by following the steps below-
- Go to HP Printer website and download driver setup file for your computer.
- Press the ‘Windows key+R’ and open the run command.
- In the run command, type MSC and click on ‘Enter’. The device manager window will open. Select the driver and expand it.
- Click on Printer Hub and once you get a prompt message to confirm, click on ‘Select’.
- Select the file you have chosen and click on ‘Compatibility Tab’ and select the box next to ‘Run this program in a Compatible Mode’.
- Choose the OS from the drop-down list box. the driver will install and check the functionality.
- Reinstall the Driver Software: You might come across that if the driver is not installed properly then you might get an error message stating that Driver is Unavailable HP Printer. The issue can be resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software. Uninstall the driver software by the steps given below-
- Open the start menu and click on ‘Windows button’ and go to ‘Device Manager’.
- Select the device you want to uninstall and uninstall the same.
- Restart your device and reinstall your driver.
Above are listed two different methods you can follow to overcome the issue Driver is unavailable HP Printer. If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please contact HP Printer Support. And for any further queries, feel free to connect to our HP Printer Online Support team on our HP Printer Support Number at 1-844-898-5888.