8 Solutions to fix AOL Mail not working
Are you constantly struggling with AOL mail not working?
Have you not been able to receive emails?
Well, despite being a popular email service, it is really annoying that you are unable to receive the important emails in your inbox.
There could be various reasons for not receiving the emails ranging from dysfunctionality of app, Windows creating an issue, being server settings unsynced, etc. Whatever, the reason could be here are the few solutions to resolve AOL mail not working.
You can try various solutions to overcome your concern and fix the issue.
Solution 1: AOL mail not working– Remove your AOL Account and add it again
Sometimes the issue can be your email account only. There could be the possibility that your configuration file got corrupted causing the problem to appear. However, you can fix this issue by removing your AOL Account. You can remove your account by following these steps-
- Select ‘Settings’ from your Mail or Calendar App. Visit Manage Accounts>Delete an Account>Select and Delete the AOL Account.
- Once you have deleted your account you need to add it back again and check if the problem persists.
Solution 2: AOL mail not working- Check the server settings
There could be the probability that you are unable to sync your AOL Mail with your app due to the configuration. You might encounter a problem if your account details are not arranged properly in the app. Hence, follow the below steps to fix your account settings-
- Go to Settings> Manage Accounts>AOL Account and click on ‘Mailbox Sync Settings’. It is important that you use IMAP Protocol to sync with AOL email app.
- Make sure that some settings are there such as-
- IMAP Username: YourUsername@aol.com
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com and set the port to 587
- Username of SMTP: YourUsername@aol.com
- SMTP Password: Password you used to login to your mail app.
Solution 3: AOL mail not working- Let apps access your calendar
- Turn on the ‘Let apps access my calendar’ option and change the sync duration.
- Go to Settings>Account Settings>AOL Account and click on AOL ‘Sync Settings’ and personalize the sync duration.
- Once you have followed these steps, Windows will start synchronizing your email accounts.
Solution 4: AOL mail not working- Have a look on your antivirus settings
If you are not able to sync your AOL Mail with Windows the problem could be the antivirus. There are various anti-virus tools which have a built-in-firewall and you may need to block a few applications from the Internet.
Check your antivirus settings and change them. Make sure that Mail App is allowed to go through your firewall since the most common problem is the firewall. In some cases, you may need to disable your antivirus. If disabling the antivirus does not resolve your concern, the last resort is to remove antivirus.
Switch to a different antivirus solution to overcome the concern.
Solution 5: Run Troubleshooter
You can also fix your issue by running a troubleshooter. There are some troubleshooters present in your which helps to overcome various issues. Run a Windows App Troubleshooter by following the steps below-
- Open the ‘Settings’ app and go to ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot’ from the list, choose ‘Windows Store App’ and click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
The above steps should resolve your concerns.
Solution 6: AOL mail not working- Disable two-step authentication
The problem can be your email account if you are not able to sync your AOL email with your Windows. Many users use two-step authentication to protect the email account. It is a good practice since many users will not be able to access your emails even if they steal your password.
Although, it is an undisputable fact that two-step authentication is a great feature which you must use. But many users have reported that they were unable to sync their AOL email.
Disable your two-step authentication for your AOL email and check if that resolves your query. Think twice before disabling since you will reduce the security of your email account.
Solution 7: AOL mail not working- Try a different email account
If you are unable to sync your AOL email with Windows, switch to a different email account.
Solution 8: AOL mail not working- Reinstall the Mail app
If you are facing problems with AOL email then the issue can be in the Mail app itself. There could be chances that application might have got corrupted or it might not be working great due to some other reason.
However, you can resolve your concern by reinstalling the Mail App. After re-installing the application, check if your problem is resolved or not.
Feel free to try different solutions from above. The above different methods should resolve your concern regarding AOL mail not working, but in case if you are still looking for solutions contact AOL Customer Service and for any other concerns, get in touch with AOL Support Number at 18448985888. Read our AOL Email Support series to solve similar issues.