Quick Solutions to Resolve Aol Mail not Receiving Emails
Are you going through the constant struggle of AOL Mail not receiving emails? It can be really annoying when you are constantly facing the concern of AOL Mail not receiving emails.
The reasons could be many ranging from such as server error, email address or browser issue. But one of the major reason of AOL Mail not receiving emails is settings from a third-party email such as Outlook or Mail App on your phone. You can fix most of the issues by following some troubleshooting steps.
Well, whatever the reason could be, it is very important to understand the cause and overcome the concern.
Underlaid are the several reasons and solutions to overcome AOL Mail not receiving emails –
Reason 1: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails – Check Email Filter
If a filter has been created into your AOL Mail Account, then that could be one of the causes behind AOL Mail not receiving emails. It is advised to remove that folder instantly since that filter redirects those emails to the trash folder. Delete the filter and try sending an email to yourself. You will receive emails on your AOL Mail Account.
Reason 2: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Understand Delivery Delays
In most of the cases messages are delivered in the right way but sometimes there could be a delay in transit too. The problem could be due to mail servers, heavy internet traffic, or routing problems.
But unfortunately, you cannot determine whether the message is delayed or undelivered. The only possible solution is to ask the sender to send the message again.
Reason 3: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Emails can be in your spam folder
In case if you find the emails in ‘Spam Folder’ that do not belong there you need to mark the message as ‘not spam’. Below are the steps to do the mark emails as ‘not spam’-
- Sign-in to your AOL Mail and click on ‘Spam Folder’.
- Select the message which is not spam and click on ‘Not Spam’.
You will stop receiving those messages in your ‘Spam Folder’.
Reason 4: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails – Server Settings are Incorrect
You might be facing such an issue because of invalid user information. Remove the current AOL Mail Account if you are using it via third email client software like Windows Live Mail, Lotus, Microsoft Outlook, etc. and re-add it with the correct server information.
Reason 5: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Fix Problem viewing Images
Most of the problems with viewing image attachments in AOL Mail can be fixed by following some steps of troubleshooting. Sometimes you are not able to see the images due to server delays since a lot of people access their email at once.
Do not send an image in an unsupported format since the other person will not be able to view it and you might have to send it again.
Reason 6: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Account Inactivity
In case if you have not signed in to your account for a while, then it could be in the process of being deactivated for inactivity. There are also chances that you might lose some emails during the deletion process.
Reason 7: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails – Email Address is Blocked
Check the email forwarding list since the chances are that you might have blocked that account and hence also check your account settings.
And if somehow, you find that name in the list, remove it immediately for proper functioning.
Reason 8: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Problems in reading and retrieving emails
You can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to overcome the concern-
- Use AOL Basic Mail: You can view your emails in a simpler layout with the help of AOL Basic Mail. This can be very useful when you are having problems retrieving emails on a slower internet connection.
- Reset your Web Settings: There could be the probability that you have installed multiple browsers in your web settings. You can reset your web settings on your computer.
- Disable pop-up blocking: It can be a matter of concern if you are blocking pop-ups in your browser while writing a message. It can cause problems while accessing AOL Mail. You will need to disable pop-up blockers or disable the pop-up window on your browser.
- Disable your firewall: Sometimes your security software or firewall may prevent you from connecting to AOL. Disable your firewall temporarily and see whether or not you are able to connect to the internet. You will have to contact your firewall software for additional information.
Reason 9: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails – Browser Issue can also be the main cause
Reset the browser once and then you might start getting emails again. Usually, the issue occurs due to caches and cookies. Hence, delete the cookies and caches to function it well. Reset your browser and wipe out all the unwanted stored information.
Reason 10: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Disable protected mode
Protected Mode can create an issue in AOL Mail. If you are constantly facing trouble in accessing emails then turn Protected Mode off by following the steps below-
- Select ‘Tools’ and click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Choose the ‘Security Tab’ and deselect ‘Enable Protected Mode’.
- Sign in to AOL Mail again after restarting your Internet Explorer.
Reason 11: Aol Mail Not Receiving Emails- Service Outage
- Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there is service disconnection.
- Get in touch with your email provider to see if you have turned on any security features like two-step verification for your email account. You might require a new unique password or you may request authorization from your email provider to send and receive the emails on your device.
- You can also check your email account settings with your email provider.
So the above techniques should help you to resolve AOL Mail not receiving emails and somehow if you are still unable to resolve your concern, feel free to get in touch with AOL Customer Service and for any further queries contact AOL Phone Number at 18448985888. Read our AOL Email Support series to solve similar issues.